Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Boys, Boys, Boys!

I said this last summer, but when Stacy comes home to NY all the way from Las Vegas in the summer and we get to visit, one thing crosses my mind:

When we were 15 would we ever have imagined we'd be sitting here watching our kids play together? And those boys get along well, too! And hell, we have a great time too. I've probably only had the chance to see Stace a handful of times since we've graduated, but when we get together it always feels the same...like we never left. Like we're still watching Labrynth and listening to Beatles Anthologies at Sleepovers and having "fake proms" (yeah we did that...I know she knows what I'm talking about). 

Since we've had kids our visits have been more frequent..when Mason was a baby she was home in the Summer when I came back for Amanda & Alyssa's Wedding Shower, and we got to meet each other's kids for the first time! These pics are of Carter & Mason:


We Even got to meet up again and take the boys to Fly Creek Cider Mill (which of course I can't find any photos of since they were on my external hard drive that crashed...and I didn't appear to post any to facebook to download)

We had a great time together last summer when our guys got to hang out, and we even took them to Enchanted Forest for Aidan & Mason's first visit. The boys got along really well, and they did the same this summer too!! This year Stace has an addition though to our crew of little guys...baby Katherine! In fact it was at our get together last summer that she told me she was expecting :)


Since Stacy has a membership to the Zoo for the summer whole she's home, we got to go hang out there one night while I was home. 







In fact we hung out every day I was in NY on the first leg of my trip there before heading back to PA for Ry's graduation because Stace said she wanted to keep me busy so I wouldn't be sad. She knows how it feels first hand because when she and Jake got married she moved all the way across the country to Vegas, not knowing a soul. I took her advice very whole heartedly knowing she's been through it all too :)

We even got to go visit the Utica Fire Department where her Dad is the Fire Chief, and the boys had such a blast! 






Mason got to ring the bell!



After playing firemen, we took the boys to Nickydoodles for lunch. The food was really yummy and the boys had fun racing around the picnic tables outside after we were done.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to spend some time with Stacy and her family, and though it may be years now before we catch up again I hope it always remains the same...feeling like we never parted!

No comments:

Post a Comment