Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mason's birthday & Aidan's "fake birthday".

We happened to be in NY on Mason's Birthday. Since that has never happened before I decided we should have a small family get-together that night and celebrate BOTH boys bdays (since Aidan's is in July anyway. Aidan referred to this as his fake birthday since it was really Mason's birthday and not his yet.

It appears that Mason knew it was his second birthday and that he was supposed to enter the Terrible Two's, because he did it that very morning, and like he meant it. He was actually so bad that morning that Nani even noticed. So early naptime for Mason it was! 


We were lucky enough to have a nice little gathering with family, and the boys thoroughly enjoyed the attention and all the food!

Due to Mason's abundance of allergies I made his cake (vegan of course) and before we left for PA for Ryan's graduation I let Aidan pick out a cake from Walmart for everyone else. Since I usually decide what the party theme will be for his bday parties (we've had construction, mickey and cowboy now) I figured it would be a nice treat to let him decide for once. 
So, he chose Angry Birds. There was even one extra Angry Bird that I was able to steal and put on Mason's cake so they sort of matched ;)

It rained and rained before everyone got there, but they still made it!



The boys had a blast with everyone and it was special that Aidan got to see his Godmother, who is one of my very best friends from high school. She is also one of those friends that I feel like I just pick up with whenever I get to see her. We have so much in common, Harry Potter (remember the expectro patronum day? ahem Adam) The Parent Trap, sway steps, sh*t the list goes on and on!!!!

She and her wife Alyssa are expecting a baby boy in September and while I'm sad I won't be able to meet him in person right away, I'm so excited for the two of them!!



We even had a surprise visit from some family who weren't able to make it earlier to the party:

and yes that is Aidan hitting on his cousin. Doh.



While there was lots of fun and visitors, we still had to say goodbye to my dad at the end of the night, and that was super tough. If you think it's hard saying goodbye to friends then imagine saying goodbye to your parents. There are no words for how much I miss them. 

I just know that I plan on harassing all family members until they come to TX to visit and buy boots (Char you're already ahead of the game!)

And thank you to all who came and visited the boys and to my mom and char for helping me put it all together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment