Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Goode's BBQ

Ah, Houston, there you are.
Just a 15 minute drive.

How convenient ;)



Ryan wanted to take us out to dinner last weekend to get some BBQ. There is a place in our town that he's eaten at before that he said was good but there's also a pretty famous place right in the city called Goode's that he's had too. I thought we should venture out into the city so we headed to Goode's.




When you walk in, there are coolers loaded with beer, wine, & root beer, and the walls are covered in retro cowboy stuff. I had my camera with me but the line was moving so fast I couldn't quite get any pics, except one inside with my cell.


In fact the line was moving so fast (and I was totally immersed in the atmosphere and was checking it all out) I missed the fact that the menu was posted up on the wall so when I got to the counter I had NO idea what I wanted or what they had so I had to get back in line and start all over!

Doh.

I ended up getting smoked ham (ssooooo good) and ribs (just meh). (We had way better ribs the night before at Kara & Ethan's, but I can't remember where she said she got them from). Aidan shared my ham and some of Ryan's chicken...while poor picky Mason had to wait until we were done and could go to the Wendy's drive-thru for nuggets for him.

He flat out refused to try anything we had on our plates. Brat.

He did however enjoy some of the root beer we got for them that came in this pretty bottle:


We ate outside at large picnic tables under a roof and they had giant fans with misters on them blowing around. It was really tasty, and an amazing atmosphere, and we will definitely be going again....unless our next adventure brings us someplace better ;)

The front of the building

The entrance



1 comment:

  1. Your next adventure should be Rudy's Country Store and BBQ

    ReplyDelete