Monday, July 15, 2013

Boots :)

Of course I couldn't let Char leave Texas without us at least taking a trip to look at boots first.


We had spotted a boot store on one of our adventures out to the City and knew we had to make a trip. Cavender's Boot City, here we come!

When we got there we were greeted by the salesmen who explained all sorts of things to us such as how the boots were arranged to the different types of leather available and where to find what we wanted.

We spent lots of time looking around and ooh-ing and aah-ing at the different styles, colors and patterns. Hell, we even saw a crazy pair made of Stingray!! (eew by the way). 

Now, if you're looking for real boots, with real hand stitching, made of real leather you are going to pay for it. 
So after a call to Ryan we decided it just wasn't in our budget at the moment seeing as we had just moved and I'm not working, etc etc. Totally fine with me (I knew there was NO way I was leaving TX without a pair eventually anyway). My father in law was with Ryan and knew the situation, and in turn called Char and said to get me my boots and consider it a housewarming gift.

So unbelievably generous I'm actually still in shock!

After we both tried on a few pairs I decided on a nice hand stitched brown pair that I figure will go with pretty much anything.


Char found a great red pair that I think are fabulous too! Thankfully we both left with a pair that we were happy with and couldn't wait to wear!

Apparently Mason couldn't wait to wear mine either ;)











And still likes to wear them!!


Aidan too!





Last weekend we went to the city for BBQ and I wore them to break them in. I felt so Southern ;)

Once again, thank you to Sean & Char for my first pair of real Texas boots. I love them and am greatly appreciative of your generous gift!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment