Saturday, July 20, 2013

School Days, school days.

Once Springtime in PA hit I knew I had to get on a mission to find Aidan a preschool in Texas. I assumed if I started looking in the Spring then I would definitely be able to find him a spot for the Fall.

Luckily I found a school with an opening in their 4 yr old room, and even learned that preschools in this area are year-round. She said he could start as soon as we got down here if I wanted.

I ended up having him start on July 9 since our first full week here was the week of the 4th, and the school would have been closed one of his class days anyway. We did however go for a visit the week of the 4th and I loved it. I loved the teacher and the director, and Aidan even said he didn't want to go home at the end of our visit so he got to stay until lunch!

The first day of school rolled around and I of course overslept, and realized the night before while in bed that I never made him a first day of school sign to hold like I did in the Fall in PA. I still had to assemble and install a new carseat, apply sunscreen and bug spray (both required since they start their morning off on the playground), and make sure his lunch and snack were ready to go.


Somehow I managed to get all that done and just decided to have him hold a white sheet of paper and figured I would photoshop all the details in later...which I'll admit looks super sloppy, but hey it'll do.


He appears to be liking his new school and he even has a girlfriend, Claire. The teacher told me she actually told Aidan he was her new boyfriend and that it was a super cute little friendship. He has even started saying things at home like "mom, tomorrow at school I'm going to tell my girlfriend all about this movie,  and "mom, where do you think my girlfriend will sit today?"

Oh, and my favorite part? The drop-off and pick-ups are a Drive-By. I pull up and his teacher gets him out of the car, and when I go pick him up they get him all buckled up again for me! This means I don't have to get Mason in and out of the car at all! I LOVE it!!! 

Would have come in handy in PA when the weather was sh*tty, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment