Friday, July 5, 2013

Running in Texas is HOTTTTT

I've gotten into an awful running rut after my wisdom teeth were removed (and couldn't exercise for almost 3 weeks due to my damn dry sockets) and during this move, but I am desperately trying to get back on track.

After all, I do have a 5k to run at Disney World in November!!

Since it's so damn hot here I've decided my only option is to wake the boys in the morning and go before it's too hot outside. While it can get to 95 or so during the hottest point of the day, it's only about 75 at 7am, so that's when I got their little butts out of bed today and got moving :)

I had their usual breakfasts ready to go and they got to eat them while riding in the stroller so they were happy.




I even stopped to check out some pretty flowers we saw as we started on our way .
There is a sidewalk that makes a loop around our development (while still inside our walls and gates) and it's almost exactly one mile around so I use that as my guide and start running!



Some areas had sprinklers running already so the boys enjoyed that and giggled as I purposely ran them through them.

Hopefully I can continue to get out before the heat, because I ran once at 4pm and it was HOOTTT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment