Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Big Day

Well, it has finally arrived. The big day. The day we arrive in Pearland, TX. 

OK, well it's actually tomorrow, but I am so ready now.

I am past the point of extreme sadness and so ready to finally get into my new home and get settled. The boys are in desperate need of structure, routine, and some home cooked meals :)


I'm thankful I'll be flying with my mother in law Char so I don't have to get the boys and luggage all to the airport by myself! Since my father in law is driving there with Ryan we'll all be reunited when we arrive, and that will be our final round of goodbyes when they leave to head back to NY. :/

The final goodbyes will be coming to an end soon and as Lisa has assured me, it will get easier and my sadness will ease up. Last night I had to say goodbye to my Dad and it was rough. Today I'll say goodbye to my Mama, which will also be rough.

On a more positive note though, last night we got to see Amanda who is Aidan's Godmother, and one of my very best friends from High School. It's not often we get to see each other, even when we're home in NY..... so it was super special that she and her wife Alyssa were able to join us last night for a little mini bday party for the boys.

Oh, and she and Alyssa are expecting a little boy in September too!


 Even though yesterday was Mason's Bday I decided to make it a joint bday party for both boys because we'll be in TX with no family or friends around for Aidan's birthday on July 28, so I wanted to make sure he got some special bday love too :)



We had a few family members who couldn't make it but we also got a surprise visit at the end of the night from Aunt Linda, Theresa, Kara, Breana & Charlie. The boys had a blast showing off and they both appear to have been infatuated with cousin Kara.


I love this pic of Aidan being all suave talking to Kara. If only he understood that the chick he was hitting on is his Cousin (whose diapers I used to change I might add)....

Well the next time you hear from me I'll be getting settled in Texas! Once there I'll have some more stories and pics from this leg of the trip...I just haven't had time to get it all down in writing!

See you in the SOUTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment