Monday, June 17, 2013

The first leg of our trip......

So even though I don't technically arrive in Houston until June 26 I had to leave PA a little bit earlier due to the fact that our house had to be packed up by today in order to be shipped to our new apartment. Can you believe that our shipping pods had to be picked up at our house on June 17 in order to arrive in TX on the 25?? 
(We also had a few things that just wouldn't fit in the 2 pods that we had ordered. So we had to do some math and price out the value of the items that didn't fit and see if it was worth spending the $1000 on another pod. Basically, it wasn't worth it...but hey I get a new mattress out of the deal!!)

 So instead of sleeping on air mattresses with no food in the house I decided to head back home to NY and spend some time with family while I had the opportunity, while unfortunately Ryan has to stay behind to finish up his last week of work.

Last night I had the chance to stop at my cousin's house ( I had to borrow a pack n play for Mason to sleep in while we're here) and got to catch up with a large group of my family. We have lots of June Birthdays (Mason too) in our family so it was an impromptu birthday/father's day celebration...and it was soooo amazing. My cousins Theresa and Tom got to meet Mason for the first time and it was fun to watch all our kids playing together. Makes me sad that my kids haven't lived close enough to make this a regular occurrence.


 Me, Auntie Linda, Tina (and her daughter Sienna), Kara & Breana

 Auntie, My Dad, and my boys


TWINS!! My Dad and his twin sister just turned 60 this past week <3


Mason's favorite part of our visit was climbing into the baby walker and running around the house. He was literally picking it up and walking around carrying it instead of rolling. Oh gee.



 As all babies are, Mason was drawn to my Uncle Jim. He's like the baby whisperer!

I'm also very excited that Stacy is in Frankfort for her annual "summering". Stace is one of my best friends from high school, and she and her family spend half their year in Vegas and half their year here in Frankfort....and it's that time of year!!! We got to see Stace and her little guy Carter last summer too which is awesome, but this year there's a new little addition to her family: baby Katherine! I can't wait to meet her and to let our boys hang out together again! 

I will be heading back to Allentown for the weekend since Ryan will be honored in a "graduation" dinner on Friday night. His Parents, Adam & Don, and his Aunt Deb will all be joining us and since the house is empty we'll be crashing at a hotel. Once the weekend's celebration is over, Ry, Adam and their Dad will be hitting the road and driving both our cars to Houston. Char and I will be flying down with the boys on the 26th. I'm sure I'll have more updates and stories for you before then!

2 comments:

  1. Here I am. Stalking you. I sure missed my "Hi Shells" from the window when we walked by your house yesterday. And Happy Birthday Grandpa! My dad just turned 60 too, on June 6th. I'm glad you're having fun in NY. I don't really miss you yet because I don't believe that you've really left Breinigsville. It can't be true, can it? What am I going to do???????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too. Let's pretend it's not real.

      Delete