Friday, May 23, 2014

Are we there yet? (Disney Dollars).

Ryan sent me this picture of Cinderella's Castle the other day and I love it. I love that my big, manly husband loves our Disney trips as much as I do! He always says "Disney does it right." 



We're seriously looking forward to our trip in the first week of July because it will be the first time we have gone as a family of four by ourselves. Last Spring we had extended family with us, and this past fall we were lucky enough to have Krysta join us in our RunDisney fun!

We know we are going during one of the busiest times of the season, with school being out and all, but that is giving us more incentive to just CHILL. We like to stay at Moderate or Deluxe resorts because we do actually like to use the amenities the resorts have to offer, you''ll never find us at the park from open til close. We like to relax instead of just run run run all day and wait in lines for rides. We enjoy the pool, and the restaurants, and all other activities (campfires, jogging trails, kids crafts, etc.)

This trip we'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge as regular guests, we aren't using our vacation club points to book this trip. We're saving those points for our 2 upcoming Half Marathons so we can actually stay at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary. We haven't stayed at Wilderness Lodge since our honeymoon, and it is one of our absolute favorites!! We're very excited for all the fun things they have to do there right at the resort. Plus the fact that it's gorgeous doesn't hurt either.



I'm always scouring pinterest and other blogs for new Disney inspiration, and I had seen this neat idea a couple of times floating around the internet and figured the boys were old enough to try it out.
Your kids earn Disney Dollars as a reward for whatever you choose, and you replace it later with actual cash to buy souvenirs at the parks with.

My guys have been earning them for going above and beyond around our house. I've also decided I can take them away for misbehaving.

I found the download for them here, but when I opened the file and saw the dollar increments I knew I had to change them to smaller amounts. No way was either boy going to be earning more than $1 or $5 at a time!! Yikes! $100?!?! Who made this file, someone rolling in dough? (I am actually putting a $25/each total max on their disney dollar accumulations.)

THEIR version:



MY version, photoshopped with smaller $ amounts:

I printed a few sheets, cut them out and let each of the boys decorate their own ziploc bag "bank" that is in a spot that they can reach...taped to the pantry door.

This way when they earn one, they can put it in themselves, and they love it.



So far it's been working as an awesome incentive because they are each hoping to earn enough money to buy their Duffy a new outfit at the parks!








No comments:

Post a Comment