Friday, August 30, 2013

Look out Bahamas, we're going on a Disney Cruise!

I am Disney-obsessed and Disney Spoiled. I am well aware of it. No need to point it out. Ryan has never told me No when I've mentioned an urge to plan a trip to Disney. But oddly enough I have been avoiding his request to take a Disney Cruise since we were planning our Honeymoon. I just have this fear that I'll feel claustrophobic and panicked being so far from land and civilization. It's irrational, I know.

Fast forward 5 years to a few weeks ago when I heard on the radio that there are Christmas Themed Disney Cruises sailing from Nov 9-Dec 30 right from Galveston (a mere 45 min drive). I sent Ryan a joking text (after all we are going to WDW in Nov, and went in Feb this year too) saying there were Christmas Disney Cruises from Galveston and that it was something he could "talk me in to".

To which he responded..."then find someone and go."


I'm sorry, WHAT? And then I grabbed my phone and started making plans :)


Why would I be finding someone else to go with you might ask? Well, because Ryan is the primary in the trauma ICU that month and not only will he be working extremely late hours, he already had his vacation dates picked before he even started (and there is no vacation scheduled for Dec). They actually plan your rotations around your vacation so you aren't on an important service when you request vacation. So considering that Ryan is STICU 1 in December he figured the boys and I might as well go do something fun since he basically won't be around at all.

I invited my Dad first since he couldn't make it to WDW with us in Feb, but plans with him fell through and so I asked my mom and she said yes.

We are now reserved on the Disney Wonder for a 7 night Bahamian cruise sailing on Dec 7. Totally Christmas oriented. I could pee with excitement. For reals.


I CAN'T WAIT.

However, for the first time in like, well ever, I feel like a Disney newbie. Cruises are totally different than hitting up the parks, and since I've never done one I've been hitting up other bloggers and pinterest for information. Boy have I learned a LOT!

I know we're going to love it and by the time we go again with Ryan hopefully I'll have more information and planning ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment