Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Home

Last weekend we made our first trek home since Mason was born. Not an easy feat I tell you. There's just way too much stuff to pack and way too little space in our car for it all.

The reason for the visit was my good friend (and Aidan's Godmother)'s bridal shower. I honestly don't think I had even seen Amanda since Aidan's baptism. Terrible, I know.
But it was still great to see her and her family and help her and Alyssa celebrate their upcoming day!!




After the shower I managed to stop over to Auntie's with Mason (who was at Grandpa's during the shower) where I connected with Tina and my Mom for a little bit before heading up to Pine Lake which is where Ryan and Aidan had headed for the day:



Aidan had a blast playing on the beach and in the lake with Daddy and Poppy. I got there just in time to snap some pics and have dinner before we turned around and headed back to Frankfort for the night to await Irene's arrival.




Another highlight of the weekend was getting to see Stacy and Jake as well as finally getting to meet their cute little guy Carter for the first time!




Our original plan was to head to Stacy's for coffee and then hit the road to get back to PA before the worst of the storm. Once we woke up though, we realized we were already in the midst of a nasty hurricane so since the radar showed it moving past us by early evening we decided to wait until after Aidan's nap to start the drive.

Mostly we encountered rain , but nothing too severe. In fact by the time we hit Scranton, the sun was shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment