Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lazy Sunday

We haven't had a Sunday like this in a while. It was the perfect Lazy Sunday!



Some pics Daddy took before breakfast

It started with coffee and breakfast sitting around the table while Ry got some studying in for his exam next weekend. Then we all moved to the living room to try and catch some saturday morning cartoons, while going through the ads and the paper, which is when Ry had the idea to play some Wii. I don't think we have played a Wii game since last Christmas when we bought Toy Story Mania for the Wii.

We played tennis, golf, boxing, lawn darts, mini golf, badmitton and volleyball. We had a blast!

Aidan was content to sit off to the side playing with his toys, while cheering for Ryan ("yaaaaay Daddy!"). Mommy did not get any cheers.
Stinker.


Dinner time came and Aidan decided he wanted Mac and Cheese. I've learned recently that this stubborness about food may really be about independence. If I let him hold his sandwich and eat it, he'll gobble it up, but if I try to help, he resists.

So with the mac n cheese I gave him a spoon and a fork and let him go at it.

He rotated betwen the fork and spoon and each time notified me of the change: "I use poon"...."I use bork".

Then he devoured an entire cup of pumpkin spice pudding (oh yeah it's as good as it sounds)!



While Ry and I were getting our own dinner ready we heard him exclaim "ta-da!" and we turned around to find he had balanced the pudding cup on top of his sippy cup, and he had his arms up in the air, touchdown-style. Boy, was he proud of himself haha.




We even got a surprise visit from Jess, Jeff & Austen for a medical consult. Boy these toddlers are good at getting hurt! All in all it was a fabulous relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment