Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 2011

The way Halloween works in this area of PA is that there is a set day for Trick or Treating, and it's not always on Halloween night.
For example in my friend Lisa's neighborhood it's on the Thurs before. 
Ours in the Fri before.
Jess's is Halloween night.

Basically if my schedule allows we can hit up 3 nights of trick or treating a year! Woo hoo!!!

In fact, Aidan's first time trick or treating ever was with Lisa's girls in their neighborhood:
Flashback to my little Mouse Aidan! (even Allie & Emma look so little here!) 2009

This year I had to drive to Philly to pick Ryan up at the airport Thurs night so we weren't able to see the girls and go around with them.

So instead we invited some friends to our house Fri night for Pizza and trick or treating in our neighborhood. 

We ended up with Austen, Kenzie, and Zack coming along with us, so including all parents we had a decent group going around the block.






Dude! I scored a lollipop! Do you think my mom will let me keep it?
NOPE.


 The Things




My favorite story from the night is that there was a house with a guy sitting out front with a bowl of candy and he was wearing a very large scary pumpkin head thing. Aidan got up to him and said "hi pumpkin"...then got his candy and said "thank you pumpkin". As he was walking away, he turned to the pumpkin man, pointed at him and said "you don't scare me!"

I think he was just trying to convince himself of that haha.

To top off Halloween weekend, we get to do our actual halloween night trick or treating in Jess's neighborhood tomorrow night. I think we'll still be eating all this Halloween candy at Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment