Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New bike and the big boy bed

King of the Road
Aidan has been watching Wells and Maddox zoom around on their bikes and saying  "I ride da bike!". So I pulled his 3-in-1 tricycle out of the garage and took off all the "baby" safety features (such as the handle I used to push him in it, and the foot rests).

Unfortunately he is too young to know how to pedal (or to even reach them for that matter), and his legs weren't quite long enough to move himself with his feet on the ground, either.

Jess has a Fisher Price trike for Austen that Aidan loved when he played at her house recently, and he was able to "Fred Flintstone" it with his feet. So we went and got him one.
He spent almost his entire time outside on Sunday riding it around!

That is, after he "helped" Daddy build it!



In other exciting news we've had 2 successful nights of sleeping in his new room in his new big boy bed! We are keeping his old room as the nursery for Baby Brudder, so that's all set, but we had to clear out the guest room to make room for Big Brudder. Right now it consists of a toddler bed and a nightstand, haha. We need to find him a new dresser, and we're going to paint it next week, so I will finally get some wall decorations and new curtains up for him too. Pics to follow when we finally get it all set up.

When I went in to wake him this morning, this was what I found:

Looks pretty cozy, right?
I mean, I always sleep with my Duck over my head, too......

No comments:

Post a Comment