Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

<3

My second Mother's Day was fabulous.(Last year for my first I had to work days and Ry had to work nights...not very exciting) It started with some mini quiche and fruit salad with Aidan  (Ryan had to go in for Rounds in the morning, but was home by 11!)
Then A. and I headed outside for a walk around the neighborhood, and by the time we got home, Daddy was home too!

I then convinced Ry to assemble A's new bike since it was such a beautful day and I knew he would get some good use out of it. By the time the new bike was ready to play with, Michele, Wells, and Maddox had joined us outside for some fun.



The big boys got to play some basketball with Ryan, and Aidan wasn't quite sure of how to handle this. He kept saying "I want Wells!". I guess it was a lose-lose for him since he couldn't have Daddy to himself, and he couldn't have his buddy Wells to himself like usual either....

We decided to head out to Olive Garden for lunch, and I figured it would be busy, but when we drove past and saw about 30-40 people waiting outside, I told Ry to just keep driving! We ended up at Cracker Barrel instead, and then back home to play outside again.



It was then that Ry decided it was such a nice day that he would wash my car and vacuum it all out for me. What a guy! So Aidan helped, and was absolutely soaked but he had a fabulous time with Daddy.






"here you go, Daddy"


Even the new bike got a good washing



The ice cream truck came by and we got some chocolate ice cream for the perfect addition to our fabulous day. Aidan was so covered that I had to bring him in to get a bath then back outside to play again...





The final fabulous touch on my day was the fact that Wells brought over some desserts that he made all by himself!



YUM!!


I hope all you other Mommies out there had a day just as great as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment