Wednesday, March 30, 2011

McQueen potty!

And so it begins...

Potty Training.

The nurse educator at the pediatrician's office recommended that I wait until at least 3 months until after the new baby is born to start. I think she's a moron. I understand once the new munchkin is here that he may revert, but I can't imagine not starting now that he's showing signs of being ready.

He is constantly telling me "Aidan potty" or "Aidan poop potty"

When he poops, he tells me beforehand, and in fact the other day in the kitchen he stopped what he was doing, started pulling his pants off and said:
"have to poop".

I almost died laughing!

That was the day I decided it really was time to buy him his own potty.
In our travels on Sunday we found a Lightning McQueen potty that we figured was going to be perfect.

First he pushed the box around the kitchen.

Then we took it out and he refused to let me put him on it, but continued to play with it.

Finally, he smirked at me and all on his own sat down. The way Ryan and I cheered you would have thought he actually used it, haha.

Today I convinced him to let me take his pants off and got him to sit on it. The funny part was, he insisted I had to take all his clothes off, incuding his socks. So there he sat, naked as a jaybird on his potty (not actually using it of course, but baby steps!!) for quite some time. I tried so hard not to let him see me chuckling at how cute the situation was.

The McQueen potty also came with reward stickers that you can use to decorate the potty. Ry and I thought that was a great idea. I also happen to have a pack of 800 Disney Cars stickers, so we decided for everytime he uses the potty he gets to decorate the potty with a new Cars sticker. Today he got one just for getting nakie and sitting on it!

Wish me Luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Where's the picture!?!?! My kids are having Aidan withdrawal, btw. Maddox came down a few days ago in the morning and said, "Baby Aidan here today?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This.... is amazing. Don't worry about having to get all nakie to sit on the toilet. I think Uncle Dippy still has to do that. Wait, maybe you SHOULD worry. hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete