Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baking Buddy

I hate when I buy fruit and then get it home only to discover it's sour.
Yuck.

This week that happened with the strawberries I bought, so I decided to cut them up, let them soak in some sugar water overnight and turn them into muffins.

I also opened a can of sliced peaches for Aidan today and he kept spitting them out so I had the idea to make the muffins into a strawberry-peach variety instead.


I decided for the hell of it to pull a chair up to the counter and see if Aidan would be interested in "helping", and to my surprise he turned out to be quite a good helper!!



He was pretty good at dumping the contents of a measuring cup or spoon into the bowl,

 
he also liked trying to stir the fruit into the batter,




and he was an absolute pro at putting cup liners into the muffin pan all by himself!!


Thanks to Grandpa, he now has his very own personalized Mickey Mouse apron on it's way too, for our next baking adventure!


2 comments: