Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pearland United's newest player and Coach

After seeing a small sign for a soccer club in the shopping plaza in January, I decided to sign Aidan up for soccer. The league we joined is called Pearland United and they have teams of all ages, starting with the U5-U6 (under 5 and 6);  a team of 4 and 5 year olds.



Last weekend was our first Parent's meeting since the season starts this coming Tuesday. At the parents meeting it was announced there are 9 teams this year, each has a name (ours being Cruz Azul, which means Blue Cross) taken from a professional Soccer team. We were then told that our team didn't have a coach and were asked if anyone wanted to volunteer.

Crickets.

I asked about not having any soccer experience and he said just use YouTube to find videos of drills for small kids. Uh, ok. He then told us that if we didn't have a coach volunteer that the team would be disbanded and that they couldn't even send the kids off to the other teams. So, you're telling me that if someone doesn't step up my kid won't get to play at all?

OK, I'm in. Sign me up.

I am now the Head Coach for Team Cruz Azul.

YIKES, what have I gotten myself into???


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could see Aidan and the rest of YOUR team play!!! Go Blue Cross!!! :)

    ReplyDelete