Monday, March 24, 2014

My first Game Day experience....

Soooooo..... the big day rolled around.

Our first soccer game. Aidan's first game playing, Mommy's first game coaching. I was as prepared as I thought I could be.....including the best manicure ever for a soccer game!





Let me tell you what...I learned something Saturday morning.

Coaching 4 and 5 year olds is not for the faint-hearted (I just googled it, it's not feint).

Aidan's #1 fan!



We have a team of 7 kids, and we play on 2 fields simultaneously so we split the kids up into 2 different groups. I sent Aidan off with my assistant coach because I thought he would do better with him than with his own Mom. Ryan was able to come to the game that day so he was able to hang out on Aidan's field and watch him play (I gave him the camera too), which I'm kind of sad I didn't get to do. However, I am glad I decided to not be on his field because he probably would have clung to me instead of playing.





I quickly learned the basics of the game from the other coaches and parents (lots of us have no clue), and went from there. The coaches are allowed on the field with the kids to guide/direct them since they're so little and half of them don't even know which way to go with the ball.

Including Aidan.
 After we were done with all 4 quarters, Aidan was so excited to tell me all about his goal! When he turned away, Ryan informed me he scored his "goal" in the other teams goal, lol.

We still haven't broken the news to him yet ;)

I also had kids crying on the field because they wanted to score a goal. I wiped many tears and comforted many sad little players. Aaaaah, coaching preschoolers.


We went from there to grab some lunch and head to the Outlets to return a sweet Superman under armour shirt that I got for Ryan last week that didn't fit.

We were brave enough to test out cooked cheese on Mason. He did great. Never threw up like he would with uncooked milk/cheese! He's very excited to be able to eat pizza with cheese on it now!




Then we decided to head out to Kemah to finish up our busy family day with dinner on the boardwalk. However, we didn't know it was the Kemah Crawfish Festival (gross), and it was packed. We waited over an hour to get a table for dinner (the other restaurants had waits of 2-2.5 hours!), and we didn't even get to eat outside because we unknowingly put our name in with the inside hostess, not the outdoor hostess.

Doh.


So we took some selfies while Daddy went to go check on our table:



Hope your weekend was as great as ours!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment