Wednesday, December 4, 2013

That damn Elf is back...

Last year I decided to do an Elf on the Shelf for the boys. 
Well mainly Aidan, because Mason was too young to understand.

Basically I just wanted to make the elf do funny shit and post it for all you guys to chuckle about. It backfired however.

It started out with Aidan being a complete nonbeliever. Every morning when he found Peanut Butter (the elf's name), he would ask if I had posed him that way. He was absolutely convinced each morning that I had something to do with it. I continued on with some more fun ideas but I lost my steam halfway through the month because Aidan just wasn't in to it. From that point on I just moved him from shelf to shelf in our house so he could keep "watching" to report to Santa, but he didn't get into much mischief after that.

ARGH!!! All my hard work and scouring the web for ideas was going to waste. I mean seriously, I even "hacked my elf" by cutting him open, shoving wire inside his limbs so he would be bendy, and sewing small bits of velcro onto his hands! I went all out! I'm sure my mom and Char remember sitting at the kitchen table with me last year in PA after the kids went to bed on Thanksgiving, drinking wine and laughing at me while I "hacked" the damn elf.

Anyway, fast forward to Christmas 2013.

Peanut Butter arrives, bearing some small gifts and a note. He even stopped at Nani's house to pick up these cool Elf on the Shelf jammies for them.



he got the boys some light up mickey necklaces because he heard we were going on a  Disney cruise the next week


Night 2 found him hanging out



Our elf got "sick" after Mason touched him. You see he surrounded himself with his favorite elf foods? Maple syrup, chocolate syrup, candy?


We had an incident on day 3 where Mason touched the elf and if you know anything about the elves, they lose their magic when you touch them.

Mason was completely panicked and sobbing about the elf being "dead" so I again, scoured the internet and found a solution for an Elf Magic renewal Kit.

 What a pain in the ass.

The next day they found him in his sick bed with instructions for how to restore his magic.

The morning after, he arrived with some magic beans (tic tacs) they were told to plant in a bowl of sugar for a surprise the following morning. He said they were a thank you for making him feel better.

Then they woke to find their magic beans had grown into candy canes!!!!

Thanks to the idea from Nani, the boys grew some candy canes!

gratuitous baby crack shot!

I have plenty more ideas for this damn elf, but let's see how ambitious I actually get this year!

1 comment:

  1. Maddox knocked our elf off the train and the next day he had on a bandaid. Then I heard that one mom of an injured elf gave him stitches, which would have been great if only I had the time! :)

    ReplyDelete