Sunday, December 1, 2013

Run Disney wrap-up (part 4 )


The next morning we headed to Animal Kingdom because we had a lunch reservation at Donald's Tusker House at 11:30. Animal Kingdom is my least favorite Disney Park…..don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it, but I find there isn't that much fun stuff to do with small kids. 
I would rather go to Magic Kingdom and ride the teacups 1000 times with them :)

I was excited to try out the "Wilderness Explorers" activity for the first time though(It's brand new). If you've seen Up, you'll get it. It's basically the movie's version of Boy Scouts, and now when you go to AK you can become a Wilderness Explorer! 

To be "initiated", you have to say the oath and do the hand motion and everything: 
"The wilderness must be explored. Caw! Caw! Rooooar!!"



There are stations set up around the park where you go and complete the activity to earn your sticker "badge". Super cute and the boys had tons of fun. We learned about bugs, and music, and other cool stuff.



Here they are, trying to find us a new location to earn a badge.
Please notice the map is upside down, LOL!



Earning their music badge 





Before you get seated for your reservation, you get to pose for photos with Donald


Lunch was yummy, and you can read more about it here.





posing in front the the big tree on our way out

I had read about a 5:30 marshmallow roast/campfire at our resort (Saratoga Springs) so we decided to keep it low key that night and "stay in" at the resort.


The boys had an absolute blast and I loved being able to chat with the cast member who was running the activity. She was super nice and told me about the free craft activities at the resort's Community Hall, which was located right where we were, so after roasting a million marshmallows, we headed over there to color.

That "washable" marker took 3 days to come off his face!


While there, we were able to color some coloring pages, magnets, and even made a few keychains!




The next day was our final day of vacation, so we spent the day over at Magic Kingdom so we could ride lots of kid-freiendly stuff.

I also knew I had to get the boys some "Duffy the Disney Bear"s. They had been watching this bedtime Duffy story on the resort's in-house channel each night and both asked for one so I decided I would wait until our last day and get them.

In love with Duffy already

Duffy got to ride on Aidan's shoulders to see better

We took "The Duffies" as I've dubbed them, on every single ride that day!



The boys even requested we go on the "ghost ride" again (aka The Haunted Mansion), which surprised me since it is definitely spooky for their ages. They did fine when we went with Krysta & Daddy, but they were definitely spooked a bit this time around. I did double and triple check with thyme to make sure they really did want to ride it and they said yes though…so…..

I got to try my first ever Dole Whip too, which was absolutely glorious, and worth the long wait in line. I got a pineapple/vanilla twist and Aidan got the orange/vanilla twist. Since it contains milk we went to another stand and got Mason a popsicle, which he was happy with too.

I have been wanting to try one since they brought them back , and never got around to grabbing one this past february. I will never miss another chance again! Soooo good!!!!!









So to sum it up, we rode everything the boys wanted to (including waiting over a damn hour for The Flight of Peter Pan, argh), and left the Park around 615 since it was closing up at 7 for Mickeys Christmas Party anyway. 

On the way home the boys fell asleep in the car hugging their Duffy's, so I swung through the drive through to grab some dinner for myself.



The next morning, before Aidan had even opened his eyes he started crying saying he didn't want to go home.

Normally I would agree, but shit kid, we were here for 8 days!! Time to sleep in my own bed!

I'm looking forward to the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2015, but Ryan and I may just sneak out to Disney next Fall to run a half marathon together before that…we'll see ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment