Sunday, December 1, 2013

Run Disney- Part 3

 Monday morning Krysta and I had the chance to go to Animal Kingdom kid-free, thanks to Ryan's generous offer to stay back with them so we could have a girl's morning out.

Krysta had never been to AK (besides running through it during our 5k), so we did the Safari first and totally had to do Expedition Everest, and even It's Tough to be a Bug! 



3-d bug glasses! We were honorary bugs!

 About to take off on Expedition Everest! Yikes!
]
The view on the way up

We're stopped. And about to go backwards. Double yikes…..

Phew! We survived!


Once our fun was over it was time for Krysta to catch the Magic Express back to the airport. SAD FACE.

We were planning on hitting up the pool when she left and since the pool is right next to the Magic Express pick-up, Krysta joined us poolside for a Farewell Cocktail.

We had a blast and it was sad to see Kre have to go :(

Uh, that's not how it works, Mase

Later that night we had dinner at our favorite restaurant at WDW: in the Canada Pavilion there's a super yummy steak house called Le Cellier. I love getting their Filet Mignon with truffle butter and mushroom risotto. 
Mmmmmmmm now I'm drooling and want one again.

Anyway since I knew we would be out as a family and dressed on the nicer side of normal Disney Attire I made sure we got a family photo since the last time we went to le Cellier it had been with only Aidan and we had taken a family photo that night too…...so we needed a new photo with Mason too.

So you know I was prepared. I had my camera and my speedlight and was going to hand it all to the park photog to take the photo for us. 
Then I left it in the room.
We were in a frenzy before leaving because we decided to drive and I couldn't find my damn car keys! (they were tucked in the stroller …)
 So I paid $15 for a digital download of the PhotoPass one from the park photographer's camera. Ugh stupid me.
(you'll see the photo once I mail out Xmas cards ;)  )

 The food at Le Cellier is very yummy and the atmosphere is pretty cool. You're supposed to get the feeling you're dining in an old castle wine cellar. ;) Aidan chose to get the kid's menu salmon entree (which he told the waitress was better than Mommy's), and sadly for Mason, they only had grilled chicken on the kids menu…no fried chicken of any variety. We tried to convince him to eat it anyway, but it was a no-go. He did however eat some pretzel rolls so I guess he wasn't starving when we were done ;)
(My favorite roll is the one coated in sunflower seeds, YUM!)






The next morning Ryan had to head out to catch his flight to NY to go on his hunting trip, so while everyone was sleeping I ran off to pick up some breakfast so we could all have breakfast together at the Villa before he left. Pancakes/waffles always taste so much better when they're shaped like Mickey, right?




Once Ryan was gone I decided to drive to the parks instead of taking the buses. I don't know if you've ever tried to fold and carry a double BOB jogging stroller onto a crowded bus by yourself with 2 small children….but it ain't fun. 
I managed to pull it off the first day we arrived before Kre & Ry got there but was so not willing to keep doing it after they left. It was so hard to get my arms around to pick it up and once I think I even smacked the driver with it.
Oooops.

So after Ryan left we loaded up the car and drove to Hollywood Studios where we had a blast!
We saw the Voyage of the Little Mermaid for the first time, which is a short live action stage show…and the boys loved it. Then we walked out of that literally just in time to walk right in to Disney Junior Live on Stage. Once again, the boys had a blast popping bubbles and catching gold doubloons!




When Krysta and I had gone to HS a few days prior the times guide ( a weekly listing of times/events at each park) stated that Santa Goofy & The Festival of Dancing Lights were on Fri and Sat nights only. We managed to catch the christmas light show because it had been saturday but the line for Santa Goofy was so long I said screw it.

mason trying to catch the fake snow

Now the times guide listed both those events as being nightly! Woo hoo! So we headed home for nap/lunch, I threw some nicer clothes on the boys, and we went back to see Santa Goofy…I mean I just HAD to have a pic for our Christmas card! I had even brought their mickey santa hats.


You didn't think I was going to spoil the surprise and show you that photo did you?
You'll just have to wait until after the christmas cards are mailed to see a sneak peek!





We did get some other cute holiday photos that day though:


there's Minnie again…always at Mason's side


I promise only one more installment of disney fun coming your way…..







No comments:

Post a Comment