Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Disney Day 4-part 2

Soooo.....after lunch we hung out with Ryan for a while but he had to head back to the hotel for some more conference stuff so Aidan and I stayed at the park, rode the teacups, carousel and it's a small world again before I decided I couldn't take much more of it, haha.

On our way out of the park we stopped to watch some of a live show they had going on in front of the castle. Aidan wasn't overly interested so we kept moving up Main street (of course towards the Confectionary, my favorite!!)


On our way up main street use I had the urge to stop and get some pictures of the old-timey balloon guys. I don't know what it was, but my camera was drawn to them. I couldn't help it.
One balloon guy even caught me taking pics and seemed a little caught off guard haha.

Then I brought Aidan into one of my favorite places at WDW. The main street confectionary. Sweets galore. Ahhh the place where you can get mickey shaped rice krispies treats, homemade fudge, and mickey swirl lollipops.

Basically, it's Heaven.





Before we left for the day I made sure we took a train ride around the park because I wasn't sure if we would make it back to Magic Kingdom before we left. Aidan waited in line patiently eating his new swirled lollipop, and seemed to enjoy the ride around the park. We even got a great view of our hotel as we rode back in to the station!




After our train ride we headed back to the hotel so Aidan could take a nap before we headed out to a nice dinner at Epcot. Ryan and I have wanted to eat at Le Cellier, a canadian steak house since 2008. We couldn't get a reservation then, or the last time we went, and in fact when I tried to get us a reservation in August for this trip, there weren't any.

Well, we decided not to make any reservations this time around since we couldn't get a meal plan since we were there for a conference. Although 2 nights before we were set to leave I decided to check the reservations again online and basically found anything we wanted! It was great! I guess the key is to wait until the last minute and grab all of the cancellation spots!!

So anyway we headed over to Epcot early so Aidan could meet Belle before dinner, and it was a success. He was so smitten by her, and it was SO CUTE. She stayed perfectly in character, and she loved Aidan's faux-hawk, haha.

We still had some time before our reservation so we decided to kill some time while we were in France. I got Aidan to pose on this beautiful fountain that they have, and in fact the very first picture Ryan and I had taken on our honeymoon there was in front of the same fountain. The 2 pics are now framed together in my kitchen :)

On our walk over to the restaurant we stopped at a meet n greet for Tigger and Pooh as well:

We finally made it to Le Cellier, and even though we had reservations we still had to wait for quite some time. Ryan found an epcot kid-spot nearby and took Aidan to create some fun crafts while I called and checked on Mason. We finally got inside and Aidan was on his best behavior, we had a fun waitress, and we had the best filet mignon and creamy mushroom risotto that you could ask for. 

Totally worth the 4 year wait.

And then the spoons came out. Oy leave it to my Lawless boys to act classy in a fancy restaurant....




Unfortunately since our dinner reservation ended up being so late we got out of the restaurant just as the fireworks show was ending, thus resulting in massive herds of people trying to exit the park with us. We made our way back to the monorail and headed back to the hotel to rest up for our last day at the parks tomorrow!!



...to be continued......


No comments:

Post a Comment