Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Disney Day 3

The forecast for day 3 was 80% chance of rain.
 Which of course the folks in Orlando were looking forward to since they hadn't seen rain since October!

Us of course? Not so much.

I hemmed and hawed for a short bit that morning trying to decide what Aidan and I should do while Ry was at the conference. Then I thought, "screw it, I'm going for it before the rain starts".

We got in a few hours at Magic Kingdom before it even started to sprinkle, so I'm glad we went! The only bummer was that I decided to leave my camera stuff in the room for fear that it might get wet if we got stuck in a downpour...and of course because of that there were no lines for any character meet n greet in the park!

I tried to avoid them because I didn't want to miss the photo ops, but of course Aidan caught a glimpse of Pioneer Donald and asked to go see him, so of course I couldn't say no!

The PhotoPass people took a picture for me and I LOVED it but of course you have to pay like $14.99 for a digital download of the pic so I guess I'll pass. 


Once it started raining we headed back to the hotel for a nap but of course Aidan wouldn't relax so I decided to head back out to Epcot where we could get a special picture with characters because we have a Disney Visa card. 
We had a private meeting with Goofy and Minnie and then they gave us a 5x7 print from their photographer as well, which has ended up on our fridge.



After that we went on the finding Nemo ride again because it was starting to rain pretty hard so I was trying to keep us inside.

Once we got out the rain had stopped so we grabbed some mickey shaped pretzels (uh, why not?) and started to walk to "France" to try to find Belle. 

On the way there, Aidan passed out (guess he should have taken that nap after all, huh?)
If you look close you can see the blue bag of pretzels that he still had a grip on underneath the poncho....


I finally found the spot to meet Belle, and the Beast was there so I didn't bother trying to wake Aidan yet. Belle was set to arrive in about 20 minutes so I walked around a bit to let Aidan rest but when we had about 10 minutes to go, I tried to wake him and it was not happening. He was completely passed out!!!

(For the backstory, when we were talking about all the things we would do and see at Disney on the plane, Aidan randomly asked if Belle was going to be there. NO idea why he was so into Belle all of a sudden, but since he requested to meet her I knew I had to make it happen.)

So since the Belle thing was a no-go I decided to walk around Epcot pushing a sleeping toddler by myself and hit the shops. While perusing Italy I grabbed a bottle of Chianti for the room...Ok and a mickey wine topper too.
I couldn't resist.


Ryan was supposed to meet up with us for dinner but at the last minute we were all invited to a reception and I didn't want  to go with Aidan, so Aidan and I brought some dinner up to the room and ate while Ryan went and shmoozed at the reception.

Afterward we met up on the 4th floor balcony that looks out at Magic Kingdom to watch the wishes fireworks
 show from the hotel. It was so amazing being able to be that close to the park!


...to be continued........ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment