Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011!!

Our Christmas holiday was pretty fun this year since Aidan actually understood the idea of Santa. There were multiple times a day where I would threaten to call Santa to report on Aidan's naughty behavior and he would freak out telling me not to call him, that he would be good. Hahah it's so wrong, I know.

Grandpa and Uncle Larry were here again this year, and because I had to work Christmas Day, we made Christmas Eve our Christmas.

Hey, Aidan doesn't know the difference!

The night before our Christmas I let Aidan decorate some cookies for Santa, and he sure had a blast. There was royal icing and colored sugar everywhere!



When he woke up Christmas morning we brought him down and watched the look of awe on his face as he saw the piles of presents for him and Mason.

He checked to see if Santa ate his cookies, and he did!! He had also left out some glitter oatmeal (aka reindeer food that he made at Michele's) and it looked like that had been spilled and eaten too!


Everytime he started to open a gift he would exclaim:
"my very own new toy!"

(like he's never had his own toy in his entire life......)




Mason tried to get in on the action too, but he wasn't so good at unwrapping, so his big brother helped him.

Once he got all the presents unwrapped, Ryan got out the tools needed to remove kids' toys from their boxes (a full set of tools most times), and started getting everything opened so Aidan could play.

We spent the rest of the day watching Christmas movies and playing with new toys until it was time for dinner.....

Filet Mignon has become the family Christmas dinner tradition around here so we ate like kings! Since I know Aidan can really chow down on steak when he wants to I actually had the butcher give me a small one for him (because I sure as hell wasn't sharing!!!).

Before we knew it  our Christmas was over (actually christmas eve for the rest of you), and we were all off to bed and I was off to work early in the morning.

Working on Christmas wasn't so bad because I was at muhlenberg and since it was so slow I was able to read a book on my new Kindle from Ryan and he even brought Aidan in to have lunch with me!

I hope your Christmas was great too!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, cute. But next year throw the reindeer food out on the front lawn. It helps them find the house. :)

    ReplyDelete