Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Since we never got a chance to carve our pumpkins this year, (yes the week before trick or treat night was THAT busy around here) I decided to turn the pumpkins into my favorite homemade pumpkin bread.
I used the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cook book, which I refer to as my Cooking Bible.

You need to know anything about anything cooking related? You can find it in this book.

Anyway after nap time I had a very happy Aidan so I decided a project would be fun. He loves to wear his apron and be my helper.

Now that's some HOT pumpkin!





When I got out both my bread loaf pans he was insistent that the one with all the old burnt on stains was to be mine, and that the new clean one would be his.



Since I was making 2 loaves I decided to add chocolate chips to one which proved to be a giant fail.

They all sunk to the bottom and burnt to the pan so when I slid the loaf of bread out of the pan all the chocolate chips stayed behind.

Hah you would never even have known it had chips in it!

Of course you can't have chocolate chips out in front of a 2 yr old without letting them indulge just a bit....



It turned out delicious but I sent the majority of both loaves hunting with Ryan and another chunk with Aidan over to Michele's house. If I hadn't, both loaves would have been gone in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment