Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mama's new ride

When we found out we were having another baby, we knew the Kia Spectra was going to have to go. It's just too tiny.

We had a HELL of a time getting Aidan's baby carrier in the backseat when he was a newborn.
The only way to get it to fit behind the passenger seat was to basically shove the seat up as far as it would go, leaving practically zero legroom for the passenger. If we put it in the middle, then we had to shove BOTH seats up to the dash, so that definitely didn't work

This worked fine with just Aidan because if we had to go somewhere as a family, we would just go in Ryan's truck.

Now that Aidan has been in his forward facing big boy carseat it hasn't been an issue.

But again, with his car seat on one side then the baby carrier and the new baby will have to go on the other, leaving us back in the same no legroom situation as before.


So  we've slowly been looking into new cars for a few months. We were thinking an SUV would be our best option for interior space. We drove a few and I either liked or disliked them (but was mostly uncomfortable driving something so big)......but none of them were brand new. We definitely couldn't swing that. Plus, the thought of all that extra gas money was killing me!

Cue the 2011 Jetta commercial that I saw yesterday that boasted more leg room, as well as the most legroom of any car in its size class. Also the car I have been wanting since oh, say 10th grade?

As a bonus, it's a top safety pick for 2011 (that's for the mom in me).
We decided to test-drive it today, and well, we ended up taking it home.

Go figure. We had no plans of walking out of there with a car today, and I had afternoon plans with Aidan, so even though I told them Aidan had a bday party at 4, and they promised they'd have us out of there by 3:30, we didn't get out of there until 4:30. There was a LOT of paperwork; it was comparable to all the papers we had to sign for our mortgage haha!

But alas, here I sit, watching a movie with my hubby, drinking my shamrock shake, with a brand spankin' new Jetta in my driveway (plus Aidan got to play for some of Wells and Maddox's party that we showed up late for).

How can I complain?

My New Baby

1 comment: