Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Baby Names

   So with Aidan the name decision was super easy. I mentioned "Aidan James" and Ryan and I both fell in love with it simultaneously. The end. Done. We also knew at 11 weeks we were having a boy because when we had the amnio to have the baby's chromosomes mapped (due to a Down's scare) we also got to find out the gender if we wanted. We never really even had a chance to consider girl's names.

   This time? Ugh what a pain. I had a favorite, Ry shot it down, Ry had a favorite, and I shot it down (I mean really, Piper for a girl? I think not). So at this point we still need to be thinking of names for both genders, and there just aren't any that are jumping right out at us.

I decided to take some advice from a co-worker with how she handled it:

   So in taking her advice I now have pink and blue post-its labeled with our top name choices. They are stuck on the wall in our bedroom next to the closet door where we will have to see them every day. The theory behind this is that the more you look at them, the more you will start to dislike some and you can remove those post-its. Both Ry and I have veto power and can remove any post-it we want whenever we want. When my girlfriend did this, by the time she went into labor she only had 2 post-its left and was finally able to make her decision. Let's hope this goes as well for us! As far as progress on the name decision, I guess you'll all have to wait until June 28 to find out!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I might have to mention this on our work blog....also, have you ever considered Parents.com's baby name finder? Hahahhaha - had to throw that in there. I still remember trying to think of names for my Aunt Tina and Uncle Mike's kids we are now in high school! And since we have baby name books everywhere at work we're always bugging our boss to find out what he wants to name is daughter who will be born any day now!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Ever consider a Jessica Jane? hehe OR you could go easy and name a girl Aidana...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken a liking to many of the gender neutral names...Shawn, Andy (Andrew/Andrea), Rory, Blake, Ashley...also like Madison or Jade for a girl.

    A link if you don't want a "common" or "popular" name:

    http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

    ReplyDelete