Thursday, December 30, 2010

Aidan's First Haircut


Since Aidan was about 6 months old, I've been trimming his hair at home by myself, which was fine when it just needed to be trimmed a little by his ears or to remove the 80's "rat tail" from the back. Now that he's getting older and his hair is getting thicker I decided it was time to stop putting it off and finally get it cut for real. I figured since we had to come home to NY for a NYE wedding tonight anyway that we would get it done while home in NY.

Sooo.....meet John the Barber. Not only has he cut Ryan's hair since he was little, he was also the DJ at our wedding (gotta love small towns). We made it to him just in time today to get Aidan in line for his first cut by Daddy's barber before he closed for the day. Uncle "Ama" even managed to catch up with us and take some pics of the big event !!!

I was a little worried since we had 3 men in front of us in line that he might get fussy during a long wait and refuse to cooperate but he was quite content to play with some cars that John had in a play area, and drive them across the other customer's laps in the waiting area. Oh how my kid loves to make friends!


When it was finally Aidan's turn he sat on my lap and was only slightly squirmy. We made sure he had his hands out from under the cape and was able to still play with the cars, and he did great! Every once in a while he said "down please" and when John would turn the clippers off he would say "all done". But all in all, he was so well-behaved!!! John even filled an envelope with hair clippings for me and told us that the first one is always free.  He was very excited to have been able to cut Aidan's hair since we have such a history with him.




Aidan now looks like a little man, and I love his new big boy haircut!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! He looks more grown up now, right? A little sad for you? Must have been haircut day - my guys went to the barber today too!

    ReplyDelete