Thursday, January 23, 2014

French Toast Before Bed?

Just a few days ago I had been telling Ryan that I never get any one on one time with Aidan anymore. If we split up and each take a kid somewhere I always take Mason, since he's much more of a handful than Aidan. That leaves Daddy and Aidan free to do some bigger guy stuff together sometimes….however I never get to hang with Aidan by himself anymore.

Last night poor Mason was exhausted so we put him to bed early and let Aidan stay up. While A and I were hanging out watching Modern Family together, I mentioned to Ryan that I had got some more of this great Italian bread that I found at our Aldi here. We haven't been able to find good crusty italian bread since leaving NY, and since we found this bread we've been devouring it.



So anyway Ryan had mentioned last time that I got it that it would make great french toast, so when he heard we had more, he joked "where's my french toast?"….

...and Aidan and I looked at each other and ran right into the kitchen to make some. Oh yes, at 8pm Aidan and I were making french toast while Ryan was packing for his trip to take his Boards. He came into the kitchen and started laughing because he couldn't believe I was actually making it. But he was right, it made amazing french toast!

We all ate, then I let Aidan play for a bit before putting him to bed.




So we had a Mommy, Daddy, & Aidan french toast before bed night and it was glorious, spontaneous and fun.

It's the little things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment