Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year my dad and brother joined us since we couldn't go anywhere due to Ryan's work schedule.



The festivities began the night before with Aidan helping me make the pumpkin pie. I get out all my spices only to discover I only have enough nutmeg left for one pie. I planned on making an Apple pie later as well.

SO I leave Aidan standing at the island with the bowl of dry ingredients (sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, etc) already measured, and head into the living room to get my phone to call Michele to see if she has any nutmeg I can have for the next pie.

I walked back into the kitchen mere seconds later to find Aidan standing over the bowl pouring salt in.

AAAAAAAHHH!
Ok, so in reality since the bowl was mostly sugar I guess it's a good thing I caught him doing it because otherwise I never would have noticed. Can you imagine what that pie would have tasted like? eew.


Mason passed out in a snuggly blankie while the pie was in the oven...because watching Mom and Aidan bake sure is tiring!


Grandpa and Uncle Larry arrived shortly before dinner was ready, and Aidan fell out of his chair while playing at the table with them and bonked his forehead, started to cry and insisted he needed a band-aid for it.

Then he insisted he needed another one to match on the other side.
What is it with kids and bandaids?


Uncle Larry even had a video of Santa talking to Aidan from the portable north pole, which Aidan found amazing.
Santa knew his name, had his picture and even knew he lived in Pennsylvania. He was certainly amazed.



We had a great time together, stuffed our faces, and even the dog passed out that night...with his reindeer ears askew (courtesy of Aidan of course)





No comments:

Post a Comment