Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O Christmas Tree

This is the first year we have ever gotten a real tree. I have always been against them because they're expensive, they shed and you have to worry about things like watering it and then disposing of it after Christmas.


But Ryan talked me into it.

We really wanted to go to a tree farm and cut one down ourselves, but the weekend we got it it was 60* and sunny. Not what either of us had imagined cutting down a tree weather would be like. We were thinking snow on the ground, pulling the kiddos in a sled.

Not in PA...what are we, insane? I don't think we've had a white Christmas yet since moving here. 

SO we went to Lowe's to pick up some faux hardwood flooring for me to use for my photography stuff and while we were there we saw they had trees, and yes, we grabbed one.

My tree is from Lowe's. And it was under $30.
Yup.

Oh well, it's real, it's pretty, and it smells yummy too.  I really only had to vacuum up after we decorated it because we knocked the needles all over, and Ryan has been watering it so I guess it's really no that much work after all.

Aidan got to help us decorate it, and he started by putting all the candy canes on it.

All on the same branch. 



Every time I turned to look he was adding another one to the same spot.

We gave him a few ornaments to put on as well, but he had a hard time hooking them on the branches so he got frustrated and just stuck to the candy canes.


So far I've only caught him messing with it once. He had pulled his ride-on dump truck up to it and I walked into the living room to find him standing on top of it grabbing ornaments off. 

He still brings me Candy Canes from it though asking me to open them for him, but they're so old I'm pretty sure they're inedible. They've been in the box with all the ornaments for like 5 years or so, so I took pity on him and bought him a box of candy canes that he could eat the next time I was shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment