Monday, August 1, 2011

Aidan turns TWO!

Aidan's Second Birthday was July 28th.
Whoa. Where have the last 2 years gone? Two? My baby turned two?!?

How could this happen? ;) I can obviously still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday, and all the nerves and excitement the day had to offer! Aidan was a scheduled C-Section just like Mason, so I don't have a funny or entertaining birth story to share, just that everything went exactly as it should and 2 years later I am looking at my healthy, chatty, intelligent toddler.

In honor of little man's big day we headed over to Jess's for a birthday playdate with Austen.







The boys had a blast as usual, and Jess even had an ice cream cake for Aidan! I will say that I was completely shocked when Jess lit 2 candles and Aidan told me had to blow them out, then proceeded to lean in toward the cake and actually blow the candles out!! I have NO idea where he learned how to do that!


He was even more spoiled on his big day when we let him have soda with his dinner and presented him with his second birthday cake of the day!



Oh, and let's not forget the presents!!


We got him a remote controlled Lightning McQueen car, some sandbox construction vehicles, and a ZhuZhu pet to join the one he got for Christmas.
.....and that wasjust from us.
He got some cool Matchbox jets/planes from Wells and Maddox, and of course
Grandpa and Uncle Larry brought some gifts with them too when they visited this weekend. (And in Grandpa's case that means he bought out Toys R Us....)

I dread seeing the state of my living room once we've had his party this coming weekend, and he adds to his toybox....

This year I also decided to take his 2 year pictures myself instead of dragging him to Portrait Innovations where they use all those cheesy backdrops and props.



1 comment:

  1. I would take annual pics myself, too, if I had your camera. :) DOH - Wells adamantly picked a RC trash truck for Aidan's real gift. I'll see if I can get him to change his mind/exchange it before Sat. Surely Aidan doesn't need 2 remote control vehicles at two! ha ha. Or, maybe he does! :)

    ReplyDelete