Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Taco Tuesday

I don't know where he heard it, but Aidan asked me what "taco tuesday" meant. So I explained it's very simplistic definition.

It's a tuesday when you eat tacos.

Of course he loved the idea and asked if we could have Taco Tuesday this week, and I agreed. however, I forgot that we had a photo session in the city around dinnertime, and of course didn't have any of the makings for tacos in the kitchen...at all.


And Aidan had not forgotten it was Taco Tuesday, even if Mommy did. (Damn that Disney Junior for announcing what day of the week it was!!!)

Ryan was meeting me at the park for the session to take the boys off my hands while I worked...the park we were shooting at happens to be across the street from his hospital. I asked him if he wanted to grab tacos afterward, and he asked some of his buddies for a good spot for tacos, and we ended up going someplace in Rice Village. 

Aidan chillin with the iPad while Mommy works.

However, we got there and while they had amazing tacos that adults would eat, they had zero ground beef style tacos for Aidan and Mason. Plus, on the kids menu they had some sort of peanut butter and banana burrito thingy. That automatically means we don't eat there because the risk of cross contamination with the kids food and that damn peanut butter is way too high for my liking.

So we walked across the street to this british pub place that Ryan has been to before, and grabbed some Pub Fare instead. Aidan didn't complain because he got his chips and guacamole...that makes him happy. And he had calamari for his dinner. My kids love calamari!





I had a summer Saint Arnold beer with fish n chips, so Mommy was happy too!

And that my friends, is how Taco Tuesday turn dingo Pub Fare Tuesday. Perhaps next week I'll make Taco Tuesday work!





No comments:

Post a Comment