Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swimming Lessons

When we joined our new gym we were told that one of the sign-on incentives was a month of free swim lessons for each child. The sales rep then also told us we had an allotment of "lifetime bucks" that you could spend on anything at the gym so we decided to use those for a second month of lessons. 2 months of swim lessons for free? We'll take it!

Mason heading off with his teacher

Aidan heading off with his teacher

At one point during their first lessons, about halfway through, I noticed Aidan was crying so I went over, but he couldn't explain to me what the problem was. The teacher thought maybe he had gotten splashed or was scared of something. I wasn't overly concerned, but he managed to shake it off and finish out his class, which I was proud of.



Mason of course loved every minute of it.




They've only had a few lessons so far, but Aidan is progressing very nicely and his teacher tells me after each class he's doing great. (I even caught Mason making these hysterical big scoop swimming strokes while in the pool at Disney...so something must clicking from class!)



During their second week of classes Mason decided to get out of the pool and come to me asking to use the potty, so we did. He then refused to go back in the pool. It was our last lesson before heading to Disney and I knew he was going to miss the next two classes so I was slightly worried that this was a bad sign. I was worried that after 2 weeks off he definitely wouldn't get back in the water....but he proved me wrong and this week the boys went back and both did a great job! Mason's teacher even said he followed all instructions and she was proud of him.

Mason pouting during the second week of class....refusing to go back in the pool!

We'll have to decide when our free lessons are up whether or not we want to pay for them because they are a bit pricey at this gym. I like the idea of the boys being able to swim though, to sort of put my mind at ease. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment