Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cold rainy Spring day

Well, I know we didn't get the Spring winter weather like they did home in NY, but it was still really cold and rainy here.

Saturday night the boys and I (Ryan was on overnight call at the hospital) went to a surprise birthday party for a good friend from work Lisa, and when we left it was 79 degrees. By the time we got home that night it was pouring and about 45. Bleh.

Aidan danced for the entire 2 hours that we were there and threw a fit when it was time to leave (of course). I'm just glad that he had fun and that Lisa enjoyed herself too ;)

Yesterday I had off from work and had lots to do of course. Sessions to edit, sessions to schedule, continuing education to submit for my certification for MLT, receipts to scan and email to the insurance company for all the photography equipment and software, dinner to prepare, etc etc.

So would my kids cooperate on a day like that?

NO WAY.

Aidan was an absolute terror all day. It all started when I was making some food for Mason and while I was in the kitchen Aidan threw a very large hard truck at Mason's face. The screaming brought me into the living room where Aidan promptly put himself in time out, and told me exactly that he did.
Check out the nice chunk it took off the bridge of his little nose!



At one point he was being good and since I could tell he had ants in his pants from being trapped inside so I pulled out a sticker book I got on the clearance rack and barnes and noble when we went to see the Easter Bunny.

Success!! It kept him entertained for almost an hour!



I also put together a toy that we got them while we were at Ikea and they both loved it! In fact for a few minutes they even played nicely together with it!

Sometimes the terrible twos aren't so terrible. Like when Aidan just came up to me with his hands shaped like a heart and said 
"here's a heart for you because you're my best Mommy".

~melt~


No comments:

Post a Comment